There are many tools at your disposal to raise funds. One is to utilize an online fundraising platform called FirstGiving.com. You can create your own custom page with pictures, a video, along with your goal and thermometer. They will collect all your donations and send directly to North Coast Opportunities (NCO). You can use this link to email to prospective donors or share on Facebook and Twitter.
Here are some simple instructions:
1. Start off by visiting: http://www.firstgiving.com
2. On the homepage you’ll see an option on the menu bar titled, “Individuals” click that tab.
3. On the next page scroll down to the bottom and click “Create your free grassroots fundraising page”
4. On the next page, scroll down to the bottom and click the button that says “Search our database”
5. Next page type in “North Coast Opportunities” in the search bar.
a. Please note that EVERYONE using this service needs to select NCO as the recipient. Once the funds are received from First Giving, NCO will disburse the funds to your team’s non-profit.
5. On the next page you’ll see information about NCO and click the link so all you funds will go directly to NCO.
6. Next page: There’s a big green button (on the right) that says “Start Fundraising” Click that button.
7. Next page has a series of questions to set up your account. Fill out the required info.
Select “Create a New Campaign” and the next question select “I’m taking part in an organized event.”
“Event type” select “Walk”.
The date of the event is May 7th and you can have your page stop collecting donations on May 6th.
8. Click “next” at the bottom of the page.
9. Set up your page. You can add a photo, some text about who you are raising money for and why, set your fundraising goal, and then hit “submit”
10. Viola! You’re ready to go and you’ll be provided a customized web address that you can now share via email and Facebook.
GO get ’em!
Please email Ian Fitzpatrick with any questions.